Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR. Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- Sirius, the “Dog Star,” is the brightest star in the sky as seen from Earth. What constellation is it part of?
- On The Great British Baking Show (or The Great British Bake Off, as it’s known in England), contestants compete in three rounds during each episode: first a signature bake, then a technical bake, then a … What’s the third one called?
- In the early 1930s, the Badge of Military Merit changed its name to what?
- What are the photosphere, the chromosphere, and the corona?
- On the 1990s megahit television show Beverly Hills 90210, what character left in 1995, only to return to the show in 1998 for its final two seasons?
This Week’s Answers:
- Appropriately, Sirius is part of Canis Major–in fact, that’s where its “Dog Star” nickname comes from.
- A showstopper bake, in which contestants pull out all the stops to make the most elaborate creations they can.
- The Purple Heart.
- The layers of the atmosphere of the sun.
- Dylan McKay.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”