Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What is a titmouse?
- A few months after the song’s release, it was revealed that pop music star Taylor Swift wrote “This Is What Yo Came For” for Calvin Harris under a pseudonym. What was the pen name she used?
- In what language, used by gay men in the 1950s and ’60s England, did the phrase “dolly eek” mean “a pretty face”?
- Name television’s first animated series, which aired in 1950.
- Who was born with the name Declan Patrick MacManus?
This Week’s Answers:
- It’s a type of bird–the tufted titmouse–native to the Southeastern United States. The name comes from a Middle English word that means “something small.”
- Nils Sjoberg.
- Polari. The now-little-known language was a way for gay men to communicate on the sly at a time when homosexuality was illegal.
- Crusader Rabbit. The bold main character, a rabbit, had a cowardly tiger named Rags for a sidekick.
- Elvis Costello.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”