Ann Arbor, Mich. — The Ann Arbor Art Fair is one of Michigan’s finest summer traditions and one of the largest outdoor art fairs in the nation. From Thursday, July 18th to Sunday, July 21st, the streets of Ann Arbor will transform into an art lover’s paradise where you can experience and enjoy original works of art, street performances, culinary treats and a variety of sidewalk sales. From seasoned art enthusiasts to novice collectors, thousands will make the trip to discover something truly inspiring.
The Ann Arbor Art Fair is actually four unique, juried art fairs in one. The Original Street Art Fair is celebrating its 60th anniversary. Meanwhile, the Summer Art Fair presented by The Guild is celebrating its 50th anniversary. The four-day event also includes the State Street Art Fair and the South University Art Fair.
“Since its modest beginnings as a small art show more than 60 years ago, the Ann Arbor Art Fair has become not only one of Ann Arbor’s premier events, but a testament to the power of art in our lives,” said Ann Arbor Mayor Christopher Taylor. “Each year, art enthusiasts and seasoned collectors see newly created works by more than 1,000 well-known and emerging artists and have the opportunity to be in direct contact wit the artists who create these unique works, a rare experience in today’s mass-produced world.”
- Ann Arbor Street Art Fair, The Original: Amanda Outcalt (Norfolk, Va.)
- Ann Arbor State Street Art Fair: Boris Kramer (Harrisburg, Pa.)
- Ann Arbor Summer Art Fair: Kandy Myny (Shelby Township, Mich.)
- Ann Arbor’s South University Art Fair: Ken Swanson (Racine, Wis.)
Art Activities @ Ingalls Mall
- Detroit Institute of Arts: Simple Adornments
- Clay Work Studio: Clay, Play, Create
- University of Michigan Museum of Natural History: CAPS! Community Awareness Plastic Solutions
- Art Demo Zone (near Hill Auditorium)
Live Music on Two Stages and more…
- The Fountain Stage on Ingalls Mall between E. Washington and N. University
- The Stage on Main on the corner of Main & William in the Palio parking lot
- Mr. B’s Boogie-Woogie Piano Lounge on N. University
Activities for Everyone
- The iconic L.L. Bean Boot Mobile will be on site on South University with games, giveaways and prizes
- Visit the Pure Leaf booth at the corner of Main and Liberty to sample our new line of real brewed Pure Leaf Herbal Iced Teas
- Stop by the Cookie Dough Cafe Tasting Tour Truck for FREE cookie dough, located on E. Washington Street at the end of Ingalls Mall
- Tess Marhofer will recreate a chalk drawing called Self-Portrait with Bonito, 1941, by Frida Kahlo on Ingalls Mall
- Chalk the Walk with David Zinn on Liberty and Fifth Avenue
Ann Arbor Art Fair Hours:
Thursday, July 18, 2019 • 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday, July 19, 2019 • 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, July 20, 2019 • 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, July 21, 2019 • Noon – 6 p.m.
For more information about all four art fairs, visit www.theannarborartfair.com