Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- On average, how many grapes does it take to make one bottle of wine?
- Why do airplanes leave cloudlike white trails in the sky?
- If you are suffering from otalgia, what part of your body hurts?
- The Japanese island of Tashirojima is overrun by what kind of animal?
- What does the nautical term abaft mean?
This Week’s Answers:
- Between 600 and 800. The exact number depends on the size and type of the grape, and what press process is used to squeeze out the juice.
- As airplanes burn fuel, they produce water vapor. When the vapor condenses and freezes, it forms the white streaks known as contrails.
- The ear. Otalgia is the technical term for an earache.
- Cats. On Tashirojima Island–aka Cat Island–the felines outnumber then humans.
- Toward the Stern. The term was included in the first edition of Encyclopedia Britannica, published in the late 18th century.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”