Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Name the last album released by music legend and Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin before she passed away in 2018.
- What was Auguste Rodin’s sculpture The Thinker originally called?
- Name the popular female recording artist who created an android alter ego for herself named Cindi Mayweather.
- When Dr. James Naismith invented basketball in 1891, the sport didn’t yet have its own ball. What was used instead?
- What female comedian launched a Netflix show in 2018 called The Break?
This Week’s Answers:
- A Brand New Me. The album, released on November 10, 2017, pairs archival vocal recordings of Aretha with fresh backing vocals and new arrangements from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
- The Poet. Rodin created the sculpture as part of a museum commission that never saw the light of day. He later repurposed the piece as as tend-alone work of art, renaming it The Thinker.
- Janelle Monáe. Her albums include ArchAndroid (2010), The Electric Lady (2013), and Dirty Computer (2018).
- A soccer ball. The balls were tossed into peach baskets hung on both ends of a gym.
- Michelle Wolf. The show’s full title is The Break with Michelle Wolf. It features a blend of monologues, interviews, and comedic sketches.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”