Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- In April 2018, the serial killer and rapist known as the Golden State Killer was finally identified and arrested after more than 40 years. Who wrote the true-crime book about him that was published just a couple of months before his arrest?
- In 1810, Bavarian Crown Prince Louis married Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen in Munich. The wedding was celebrated with a festival. What modern-day event grew out of that festival?
- How fast can greyhound dogs run?
- What is a person with lachanophobia afraid of?
- On January 15, 1919, a 50-foot-tall iron tank exploded in Boston. What was inside the tank?
This Week’s Answers:
- Michelle McNamara penned I’ll Be Gone in the Dark, a compilation of her personal findings on the case.
- Oktoberfest. The wedding festivities were repeated year after year until the event evolved into what we now know as Oktoberfest.
- Up to 45 miles per hour. The greyhound is the fastest breed of dog.
- Vegetables. If you are also terrified of fruits, you may have fructophobia as well.
- Molasses. When the tank exploded, molasses flooded the streets of Boston, destroying buildings, killing several people, and injuring many more.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”