Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What breed of dog is known for its inability to bark?
- Name the legendary 20th-century musical artist who wrote the powerful Civil Rights anthem “Mississippi Goddam.”
- Who was the first rapper to win an Oscar for Best Original Song?
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was the first book published in C.S. Lewis’s Chronicles of Narnia series. However, the book is typically considered number two in the series. What book is considered number one?
- Name the eccentric 17th-century queen of Sweden who, in a shocking move, abdicated the throne.
This Week’s Answers:
- The basenji. Even though they don’t bark, basenjis aren’t silent–they can make a number of vocalizations, including a sound akin to yodeling.
- Nina Simone.
- Eminem. He won in 2002 for his song “Lose Yourself,” from the film 8 Mile.
- The Magician’s Nephew. Because the story of The Magician’s Nephew takes place before the events of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, publishers suggest reading it first.
- Queen Christina. After a 10-year rule marked by nonconformist behavior (Christina refused to marry and had a penchant for wearing men’s clothes), she abdicated on the claim that she was ill, though scholars have disputed the validity of her excuse.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”