Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What was the name of the first cat to voyage to outer space?
- Name the famous writer who penned the following line: “The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.”
- Who successfully lobbed Abraham Lincoln to make Thanksgiving a national holiday in 1863?
- What kind of liquor is used in Bloody Mary cocktails?
- What stage name does actor Donald Glover use when he records and performs music?
This Week’s Answers:
- Felicette. This little tuxedo cat entered space on board a French Veronique AGI rocket on October 24, 1963.
- Oscar Wilde. The line, which comes from “Lord Arthur Savile’s Crime,” is likely a cheeky nod to Shakespeare’s oft-quoted line “All the world’s a stage.”
- Sarah Josepha Hale. Hale was editor of Godey’s Lady’s Book, a hugely popular periodical at the time.
- Vodka. The fiery drink, which includes tomato juice and spices, is a popular brunch cocktail.
- Childish Gambino. Glover’s albums include Because the Internet and “Awaken, My Love!”
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”