Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR…Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What famous songwriter wrote the hit song “Manic Monday,” recorded by The Bangles. (Hint: It wasn’t The Bangles.)
- January 20 is an unofficial holiday that promotes awareness of what kind of aninal?
- Which Italian Renaissance artist created the iconic painting The Birth of Venus, circa 1485?
- In 2005, the bones of a previously unknown species of dinosaur were unearthed in South Dakota’s Hell Creek Formation by paleontologist Robert DePalma. What name was given to this new species?
- Where in the world can you find a forest called Puzzlewood?
This Week’s Answers:
- Prince. The pop icon wrote many songs for other artists, including Sinead O’Connor’s “Nothing Compares 2 U.”
- Penguins. Today is Penguin Awareness Day.
- Sandro Botticelli. The painting depicts the goddess Venus riding a giant seashell to the shore after being born fully formed in the ocean.
- Dakotaraptor, appropriately enough.
- Gloucestershire, England.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”