Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Where in the world can you find a forest called Puzzlewood?
- What is a flubs?
- In the Batman comic books, what is the real name of the villain known as Poison Ivy, who is obsessed with plants and often uses plant toxins in nefarious ways?
- What letter represents potassium on the periodic table of elements?
- Words that end in -ologist describe someone who studies something particular. For example, biologist. What does a cereologist study?
This Week’s Answers:
- Gloucestershire, England. The beautiful forest has served as a filming location for TV shows like Doctor Who and Merlin.
- A musical instrument that is a hybrid of a tuba and a flugelhorn. The instrument was invented by musician Jim Self.
- Dr. Pamela Lillian Isley. She made her comic book debut in 1966.
- K. The letter comes from the Neo-Latin word kalium, which means “alkali.”
- Crop circles, a mysterious phenomenon that many people believe has supernatural causes.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”