Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Who wrote the classic novel Lord of the Flies?
- What was the first radio station in the United States to offer programming specifically for the black community, featuring African American hosts and musicians?
- Mark Ruffalo plays Dr. Bruce Banner, aka the Hulk, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films. However, he is not the first actor to play the Hulk. What other actors have portrayed the green giant?
- What famous historical figure is the following oft-quoted line attributed to? “The unexamined life is not worth living.”
- Which video game series includes games titled Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind?
This Week’s Answers:
- William Golding. The novel, first published in 1954, has sold millions of copies and been adapted numerous times for film, stage, and radio.
- WDIA in Memphis, which began broadcasting in 1948. The groundbreaking and influential programming on WDIA helped launch the careers of many star musicians, including B. B. King.
- In The Incredible Hulk TV show, which aired from 1978 to 1982, the role was split: Bill Bixby played Dr. Banner and Lou Ferrigno played the Hulk. More recently, Eric Bana and Edward Norton have played the Hulk on the silver screen.
- Socrates, the ancient Greek philosopher.
- The Elder Scrolls. The popular franchise, which launched in 1994, takes place in a fantasy world inspired by medieval times.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”