Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What nut is used to make the popular Nutella spread?
- What does the adjective stercoraceous mean?
- Where is the World Grits Festival held?
- Who inspired the character of Jolene in Dolly Parton’s classic song “Jolene”?
- In ancient Norse mythology, who was the wife of Odin?
This Week’s Answers:
- The hazelnut. Nutella also contains cocoa.
- Consisting of or resembling poop. The root “stercor” comes from the Latin word for excrement, stercus.
- St. George, South Carolina.
- According to Parton, the character was based on a real-life bank teller who flirted with her husband.
- Frigg, the sky goddess. She shares many qualities with another Norse goddess named Freya.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”