Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What is the hottest planet in our solar system?
- What actor played James Stewart’s mother in four different classic films?
- Who is often referred to as “the Father of American Football”?
- In Britain, what does the word claggy mean?
- What is the name of the circular symbol of a snake eating its own tail, which is often used to represent infinity, rebirth, or wholeness?
This Week’s Answers:
- Venus. The planet’s surface temperature can reach 864°F which is hot enough to melt lead!
- Beulah Bondi. She portrayed Stewart’s mother in It’s a Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Of Human Hearts, and Vivacious Lady.
- Walter Camp. In the 1870s, Camp–a Yale University student–proposed a set of rules for football that helped regularize and formalize the sport.
- Sticky and/or able to form lumps. It can also refer to damp and gross weather.
- Uroboros, also spelled ouroboros. The term comes from the Greek word for “tail devourer.”
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”