Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Confusingly, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries aren’t really berries, but bananas, oranges, and eggplants are berries. What defines a berry, botanically speaking?
- When did Russia classify beer as an alcoholic drink?
- Phlox is a shade of what color?
- Which Tim Burton movie stars Colin Farrell, Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito, Eva Green and Alan Arkin?
- Who holds the world record for most patents credited as inventor?
This Week’s Answers:
- True berries have three distinct fleshly layers, two or more seeds, and come from a plant with one ovary.
- In 2013. Prior to that, any drink with lower than 10 percent ABV (alcohol by volume) was considered a foodstuff or a soft drink.
- Magenta. The purplish color takes its name from the phlox plant, which has purple blooms.
- Dumbo (2019), the live-action reboot of the 1941 Disney animated film.
- Shunpei Yamazaki from Japan. Yamazaki, who is the president of Semiconductor Energy Laboratory Co., Ltd., holds more than 16,000 patents.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”