Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What was the first film created and released by Studio Ghibli, the famous anime studio cofounded by director Hayao Miyazaki?
- What is the natural habitat of the screaming hairy armadillo? (Yes, that’s a real animal.)
- What is the name of a hit musical about a group of washed-up Broadway stars who come to help a girl who wants to bring her girlfriend to a dance at her conservative school in small-town Indiana?
- Which three U.S. states have five-syllable names?
- In sculpture, what does the term contrapposto mean?
This Week’s Answers:
- Castle in the Sky (1986).
- Screaming hairy armadillos can be found in parts of Bolivia, Argentina, and Paraguay, and in dry regions with sandy soil.
- The Prom. The show, which debuted on Broadway in 2018, earned a slew of Tony nominations and critical acclaim.
- Louisiana, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- The sculpted figure’s weight is mostly distributed onto one foot, creating an asymmetrical stance. This is famously seen in Michaelangelo’s David.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”