Every Trivia is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- In the Harry Potter books and movies, who is the professor of herbology?
- Who was U2’s classic song “Angel of Harlem” written about?
- The Summer Olympic Games feature two kinds of canoe sports–canoe sprint and canoe slalom. What is the difference between the two?
- What does the word conniption mean?
- What kind of sandwich did astronaut John Young famously smuggle aboard the Gemini 3 spacecraft in 1965?
This Week’s Answers:
- Professor Pomona Sprout, who is also the head of Hufflepuff House. In the film, she is portrayed by British actress Miriam Margolyes.
- Billie Holliday. The song’s lyrics refer to Lady Day, a nickname for the iconic jazz singer.
- In canoe slalom, competitors use canoes or kayaks to race through white-water rapids instead of flat water, which is used in canoe sprint competitions.
- A fit of rage. For example, “Amy is going to have a conniption when she hears the bad news.”
- A corned beef sandwich.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”