Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Where is the World Custard Pie Championship held each summer?
- Who is often referred to as “the Father of Modern Clowning”?
- Where on the U.S. West Coast can you find Thor’s Well, a gaping coastal sinkhole that appears to drain water from the Pacific Ocean?
- What is a portolan? (Hint: The term comes from the Middle Ages.)
- In the 1970s, songwriters Jackie DeShannon and Donna Weiss wrote a song titled “Bette Davis Eyes,” with lyrics that nod to the mesmerizing eyes of the famous Hollywood actor. What musical made the song a hit when she released her own version of it in 1981?
This Week’s Answers:
- Coxheath, England.
- Joseph Grimaldi, a pioneer of clowning who created a character named Joey in the early 1800s.
- Yachats, Oregon. The hole, also called the drainpipe of the Pacific, is about 20 feet deep and makes a dramatic sight, especially during high tide and storms.
- A sailor’s navigational chart.
- Kim Carnes.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”