Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Who created the board game Monopoly?
- What famous person penned the following line? “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
- What U.S. president had a bull terrier named Pete?
- What is the longest-living marine mammal?
- Shagbark, shellbark, pecan, pignut, and mockernut are all varieties of what kind of tree?
This Week’s Answers:
- Charles Darrow invented the game in the 1930s, using materials from his own home to create the board and pieces.
- Helen Keller. The quote appeared in Keller’s Let Us Have Faith, published in 1940.
- Theodore Roosevelt.
- Scientists believe that the bowhead whale, which may live more than 200 years, is the longest-living marine mammal.
- Hickory. Hickories are tall, high-branching trees native to North America.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”