Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Iceland’s Blue Lagoon is a popular tourist attraction. What is the source of the lagoon’s heated, steaming water?
- There is a flowering plant commonly known as the corpse flower. How does this plant earn its macabre moniker?
- Hautboy is an archaic word for which musical instrument?
- What famous historical figure is attributed with the following oft-quoted line? “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.”
- In Marvel Comics, what is the real name of the superhero known as Captain Marvel?
This Week’s Answers:
- The water is discharge from the Svartsengi geothermal plant, which draws up seawater from deep within the earth to produce energy.
- Its flowers smell like rotting flesh. This stinky plant is native to western Sumatra but can be found in botanic gardens around the world.
- The oboe. Hautboys are mentioned in Shakespeare’s Macbeth and Antony and Cleopatra.
- Thomas Edison.
- Carol Danvers. Carol’s story was brought to life in the 2019 film Captain Marvel starring Brie Larson.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”