Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What popular 1990s film was set in the real town of Friendship, Maine?
- What ingredients make up the popular mai tai cocktail?
- What legendary performer once likened fame to caviar, saying, “It’s good to have caviar but not when you have to have it every meal and every day”?
- Who created the iconic work of art Under the Wave off Kanagawa, also known as The Great Wave, circa 1830?
- In what museum can you find Johannes Vermeer’s masterpiece painting Girl with a Pearl Earring?
This Week’s Answers:
- Casper. Although the film was set in Friendship, most of the filming took place in the nearby town of Camden.
- Rum, orange curacao, lime juice, and orgeat syrup. The cocktail was famously featured in the Elvis movie Blue Hawaii.
- Marilyn Monroe, who knew a thing or two about the hazards of fame.
- Japanese artist Katsushika Hokusai.
- The Mauritshuis in The Hague, Netherlands.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”