Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What does the Scottish term peely-wally mean?
- Who is the patron saint of earaches?
- What animal is someone with hippophobia afraid of? (Hint: It isn’t hippopotamuses.)
- What was the original working title of Bruce Springsteen’s iconic album Darkness on the Edge of Town?
- Who created the famous painting The Swing (1767), which depicts a girl in a pink dress soaring through the air on a swing in the middle of a forest?
This Week’s Answers:
- Pale or off-color. The adjective is often used to describe someone who looks unwell.
- Saint Polycarp of Smyrna.
- Horses. Another animal phobia: chiroptophobia, the fear of bats.
- American Madness. The working title was inspired by a Frank Capra film of the same name?
- French painter Jean-Honoré Fragonard, who belonged to the Rococo art movement.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”