Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR. Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- What was the name of the female bassist and member of the so-called Wrecking Crew of 1960s studio musicians, who is said to be the most widely recorded electronic bass player ever?
- What unites users of the social network Ravelry?
- Name the New York Mets player who, though he hasn’t played since 2001, currently collects $1.193 million every July 1 from the team, and will do so until 2035.
- What is a capitonym?
- What are the eight juices in V8, the vegetable juice?
This week’s answers:
- Carol Kaye. Most of the members of the Wrecking Crew were men.
- Knitting, as well as crocheting, spinning, and weaving. The site boasts more than 4 million members.
- Bobby Bonilla. In 1999, the team wanted to get rid of Bonilla, but he was still owed $5.9 million per his contract. The two parties reached an agreement that Bonilla would leave, and the team would defer his salary for 12 years at an 8 percent interest rate, then pay it off over 25 years.
- A word that changes its meaning depending on whether it’s capitalized.
- Tomato, carrot, celery, beet, parsley, lettuce, watercress and spinach.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”