DETROIT – Continuing the tradition of featuring artists and performances that reflect the talent and roots of Detroit’s rich jazz heritage, the Detroit Jazz Festival Foundation today announced a roster of homecoming performances and hometown artists that will hit the stages of the Festival. The largest free world-class jazz festival runs through Labor Day weekend, Aug. 30 – Sept. 2, in downtown Detroit.
“The Detroit Jazz Festival presented by Quicken Loans is committed to propagating and honoring Detroit’s treasured jazz legacy on our stages,” said Chris Collins, president and artistic director of the Detroit Jazz Festival Foundation. “We look forward to celebrating our 40th year with an exciting lineup of Homecoming Series presented by Ascension and Hometown Series artists that reflect a panoramic display of Detroit’s jazz culture.”
2019 Homecoming/Hometown Artists and Performances:
- Ali Jackson “Bring the World Home”
- Calvin Brooks & The “C Breeze” Organ Trio
- Dee Dee Bridgewater and the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra
- Freda Payne with the Ralphe Armstrong Trio
- Jack Pierson Tribute Jam
- Jon Kellso’s Hot 5
- Kenny Garrett Quintet Ron Carter Quartet
- Celebrating a Detroit Master: The Music of George Benson
- Dennis Coffey Trio
- Detroit Jazz Festival Orchestra
- Detroit Jazz Festival String Orchestra
- Johnny Trudell Legacy Jam Session
- Michael Jellick Sextet featuring tap dancer, Claudia Rahardjanoto
- OVACiiR 2
- Rob Crozier Jazz Ensemble
- Rob Pipho Quintet featuring Rich Margitza and guests
- Rodney Whitaker Sextet with Vocalist Rockelle Fortin performs the music of Ellington and Greg Hill
- Shahida Nurullah and Good Company
- Sheila Jordan with the Marion Hayden Trio
- The Four Freshmen and 5 Trombones
- The Robert McCarther Ensemble
- The Sencalar/Glassman Quintet
- Thornetta Davis
- Xavier Davis and Rise Up Detroit featuring Regina Carter
Artist bios and photos are available at detroitjazzfest.org. The full Festival schedule will be available as the event nears.
“On Labor Day weekend, there is no better place in the world than downtown Detroit,” said Gretchen Valade, chair of the Detroit Jazz Festival Foundation Board of Directors. “We’re truly poised for a remarkable festival celebrating 40 years of tremendous performers and performances. We welcome our guests from around the world to enjoy one of the best experiences Detroit has to offer.”
Celebrating 40 years, the Detroit Jazz Festival presented by Quicken Loans runs Aug. 30 through Sept. 2.
About the Detroit Jazz Festival Foundation
The Detroit Jazz Festival Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization that presents jazz and educational workshops throughout the year.
The Foundation produces the Detroit Jazz Festival presented by Quicken Loans, which is the signature event for the Foundation and the largest free jazz festival in the world. The Festival is also a major tourist attraction for the City of Detroit, with 26 percent of its audience coming from out of state.
For more information, visit detroitjazzfest.org.
The Foundation receives grant funding from the Kresge Foundation, Erb Family Foundation, National Endowment for the Arts, Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs, Arts Midwest, D’Addario Foundation and Carolyn Wanzo and the Purify Wanzo CTAA Endowment at Wayne State University. Hundreds of individuals also contribute to the Festival through membership and donations.
For more information, visit: Website – www.detroitjazzfest.org Facebook — @DetroitJazzFestival Twitter — @DetroitJazzFest Instagram — @DetroitJazzFest
Source: Detroit Jazz Festival
I visited multiple blogs however the audio feature
for audio songs present at this site is actually excellent.
Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
The text in your article seem to be running off the screen in Internet
explorer. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let
you know. The style and design look great though! Hope you get the problem fixed soon. Kudos
Hey there! I’ve been following your weblog for a while now and finally got the bravery to go
ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep
up the fantastic job! http://Linux.com/